Mathematica graphics in X11

  • To: steve at ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Mathematica graphics in X11
  • From: myers at helios.TN.cornell.edu
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 89 23:34:11 -0400

This is in response to Sam Wang's question about getting Mathematica
graphics in X11R3. (I presume he meant R3, although he never said so
explicitly.)  The secret lies in setting the shell environment variable
XPSFONT to something that exists under X11R3.  We have used

			setenv XPSFONT 9x15

and this does the trick. (Just set it in .cshrc).  There may be other
fonts that work too.

					Chris Myers
      					myers at helios.tn.cornell.edu