mathematica/TeX question for mathgroup

I am having trouble "Splice"ing TeXForms into a Tex document.
Mathematica automatically converts even not-so-long expressions
into "short" form (abbreviating by elliding out middle terms and
replacing them with a count of them between angle brackets.) This
short form is then spliced into my TeX document in beautiful TeX
notation. Has anybody foung an elegant solution to this?

thanx, lonce