Re: Question about Check[]

  • To: mathgroup
  • Subject: Re: Question about Check[]
  • From: sdoyle at fed.frb.gov
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 89 10:00:22 CDT

[Last in the series on Check[] -smc]

	Thanks for the 1.2 session. I think that CForm[] isn't working
the way that a user would want it to. If a user has particular CForm rules
defined for an object, a CForm on an expression containing those objects
should use the user's rules... and as your Out[60] shows, it doesn't use
the user's rules.

	It is slow and awkward have a rule for each object that maps
it into a string and then parses the string.... so if someone at WRI
(or on the list) has better ideas I'd love to hear them.

	So... could  you forward either your session or mine to WRI? Or...
I could send it if you would rather. Thanks!

 Sean Doyle
 Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
 20 and Constitution, NW  Mail Stop 76  Washington, DC 20551
 (202) 452-2352  uucp: uunet!fed!m1swd00 , internet: sdoyle at fed.frb.gov

P.S. By the way, TeXForm[] works pretty much as one would hope, so if
     WRI could make CForm[] more like TeXForm my programs would have
     less kludgey code....