Re: Speeding up Mathematica

  • To: uiucuxc!!mathgroup
  • Subject: Re: Speeding up Mathematica
  • From: uiucuxc!!paul%wri
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 90 20:23:35 CST

You may not be aware that preliminary documentation for the the
MathLink protocol for Mathematica has been released (Please contact
WRI, via lisa at for a copy of the documentation).  MathLink will
be included with the next release of Mathematica and, I think, will
supply solutions to many of the problems that people have with linking
Mathematica to running processes, calling Mathematica from C or
Fortran and vice versa, etc ...

Also, one of our users, Elaine Kant from Schlumberger
(uunet!SLCS.SLB.COM!kant) is doing some of the things that you are
also interested in.