Remote Kernels and Sound

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Remote Kernels and Sound
  • From: lsf at holmes.astro.nwu.edu (Sam Finn)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 91 13:49:38 CST

Hardware: 2 Sun 4/75

In order to leave my desktop workstation unburdened, I run mathematica on
a remote workstation using the X11 interface. I would like to Play[] some
functions; however I find that the sound is not coming out of my desktop
machine (I assume that it is coming out of the MMa server). Is there a
mechanism by which I can redirect the sound to the local workstation?

Pls reply to lsf at holmes.astro.nwu.edu

Much obliged,

Sam Finn
lsf at holmes.astro.nwu.edu