Student MS-DOS version of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Student MS-DOS version of Mathematica
  • From: kadie at (Carl M. Kadie)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1991 18:23:25 GMT

At the computer fair a couple of weeks ago I went up to the Wolfram
Research booth to complain that they have a Student Mac version of
Mathematica but no Student MS DOS version. (I've been making this
complaint about twice a year for a couple of years now).

It turns out I was wrong. There is now a student version for MS-DOS
users. It requires a '386. It will *not* use a math coprocessor.
It costs $175 plus for $35 you can get the version for Windows
when it comes out in a few months.

For more info, send email to info at

[I have no affiliation with WRI.]

- Carl

Carl Kadie -- kadie at -- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign