Plotting numerical Laplace inverse transforms

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Plotting numerical Laplace inverse transforms
  • From: mass at hobiecat.pcmp.caltech.edu (Mass Sivilotti)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1992 08:19:01 GMT

I need to plot the impulse response of a strange filter:

H(s) = 1/(s * Cosh[Sqrt[s]])

I tried to brute-force it through MMA 2.0 (on a NeXT):

Plot[InverseLaplaceTransform[1/(s Cosh[Sqrt[s]]), s, t], {t, 0, 3}]

but this blew MMA's little mind. Any suggestions would be appreciated,
including a more efficient approach to the problem (I believe MMA is
doing two numerical integrations for every data point...).

Thanks in advance,

--mass
(mass at hobiecat.pcmp.caltech.edu)