Initialization

Thanks to all who gave suggestions as to what my initialization problem is.
All essentially suggested that I was specifying too much in the context of
the file I was trying to read in, and all suggested just saying
<<Algebra`SymbolicSum`

That doesn't work either, because at the point the Windows front end is reading
the init.m file, it apparently hasn't assigned Packages to its search path;
I'd already tried this and gotten a "cannot find file" message. It seems that
under the present front end, one can either properly load the entire kernel,
_or_ one can autoload other packages using init.m, but not both.

I've just learned from WRI that they're releasing a new Windows front end.
While they don't say that this problem is specifically fixed, they do note that`there are lots of problems with the current front end, and hope that the new
version will handle them.

Thanks again.

Gordon Fox
University of Arizona