beta-testers wanted

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: beta-testers wanted
  • From: TODD GAYLEY <TGAYLEY at ccit.arizona.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1992 09:59 MST

Mathgroupers,

I am looking for beta-testers for my package, CleanSlate, which
provides functions to purge variables and recover memory.
Essentially, the main function tries to return the kernel, as closely
as possible, to the state right after startup. You could think of it as
an extreme elaboration on Clear["Global`"]. Why beta-testers?
because this is slightly "dangerous" code in that it tweaks with
things that aren't usually tweaked and it relies on relatively
undocumented and potentially implementation-specific features. I
have tested it on Mac and Windows (although not under v2.1), but
I would like to test on some other platforms before I release the
code to the general community. So, if you use a platform other
than Mac or Windows, and would like to help me perfect this
simple and very handy package, please respond to me directly.
Thank you.

Todd Gayley
University of Arizona
tgayley at ccit.arizona.edu