Statistics

  • To: MathGroup <mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Statistics
  • From: Tapio Luttinen <100013.2275 at compuserve.com>
  • Date: 04 Aug 92 13:08:27 EDT

Reply to Kit Dodson

> Can anyone tell me how to use the distributions
> in the stats package? Perhaps mine is incompletely
> installed but it seems inert! I'd like to use it
> to plot distribs and to compute values for different
> parameters.

> Kit Dodson
> dodson at ecf.toronto.edu
> NeXTMail OK

Instructions can be found in the Guide to Standard Mathematica Packages
(pp. 250-254) for continuos distributions. The example in page 254 (shown
below) works fine in my MS-Windows environment.

Tapio Luttinen
100013.2275 at compuserve.com

PS. I am interested in applications on probability theory and stochastic
processes and especially on traffic flow theory.

<<Statistics`ContinuousDistributions`

gdist = GammaDistribution[3,1]

CDF[gdist, 10]

cdfunction = CDF[gdist, x]