Calc & Mma

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Calc & Mma
  • From: jkc at keller.Mines.Colorado.EDU (Jack K. Cohen)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 92 14:40:36 MDT

The Colorado School of Mines worksheets/answer sheets are
through Chapter 3 of Edwards and Penny and may be accessed by
anonymous ftp to:

You will also find an executive summary (wsrationale.tex) and
a package of mma utilities for making classroom demos
Special thanks to David Sibley <sibley at> for
helping me
construct a more standard Mma user interface for these

The worksheets are aimed to emphasis good scientific practice
in solving problems and to introduce Mma at a measured pace.

The figures are included as encapsulated PostScript files
on non-NeXT systems it may be necessary to change the suffix
or do other tweaking.  My .tex files use the file epfs.tex to
get the figures directly in place; you may have to invoke some
local magic to make this work.  (Sorry, if I knew more, I
tell you more.)