Re: animation

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: animation
  • From: ags at seaman.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 92 11:38:02 EST

>I am trying to utilize the animation package distributed with MMA
2.0. I am

>running a NeXT. When I load the package it is fine but when I try to
use it
>I get back this:
>
><<Graphics/Animation.m
>Animate[ Plot[ Sin[x t], {x,-3,3}, PlotRange->{-1, 1} ], {t,0,1} ]
>General::aofil: stdout already open as stdout.
>OpenWrite::noopen: Cannot open stdout.

This is at least a partial fix -- you still get annoying error
messages, but the animation will work.  Assuming you have installed
Mathematica.app in the /LocalApps directory, look at the file
/LocalApps/Mathematica.app/Kernel/NeXT/StartUp/PSDirect.m, locate
the line that says

	$RasterFunction = Identity

and change it to read

	$RasterFunction = $DisplayFunction