MathGroup Restart!

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: MathGroup Restart!
  • From: Steven M. Christensen <stevec at yoda.physics.unc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 92 22:52:46 EST

MathGroup mailing list members:

After a number of months of hassle, I am attempting to restart
the mailing list.  The "yoda" machine had a bad memory
board, then the disk that carried the MathGroup stuff bombed
and finally, the power supply died a noisy death.  After
2 months, the hardware was finally fixed.  Then when upgrading
the operating system, the software I was using for the mailing
list did not work.  Then in late December and early January, the
people on campus who could figure this out were away on vacation.
Now, with their generous help, I think that things are fixed.

While the list was down a bunch of mail and requests for
addition to the list came in.  I will be transmitting what
came through even though it may be out of date now.

I am very sorry for the delays and hope that everything
holds together.  If you have problems reaching "yoda"
or the ftp server, let me know.  I will be setting up
the mailing list anonymous ftp server on yoda in the next
month or so.   I hope then to be able to put a lot more
stuff on it.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve Christensen
MathSolutions, Inc. and UNC-Chapel Hill Physics.