Coulomb Functions?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Coulomb Functions?
  • From: CRAMER at
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 92 13:07 PDT

        I am working on a physics problem (the Hanbury-Brown Twiss interference
effect in ultra-relativistic heavy ion collisions) which requires some major
reductions of integrals involving Coulomb functions (a sub-species of
confluent hypergeometric fucntions which solve the Coulomb-Schroedinger
equation).  I've worked a bit on an Mma package for doing gymnastics with
Coulomb functions, but before I get too far, I'd like to know if anyone
has already developed a Mma package for dealing with them.

        Any Coulomb gurus out there?

John Cramer
Dept. of Physics
University of Washington