Re: Experiences with Mma 2.0 on a Mac

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Experiences with Mma 2.0 on a Mac
  • From: mcdonald at quark.umd.edu (Bill MacDonald)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 92 9:48:04 EST

> We are experiencing odd crashes of Mathematica 2.0 on a Macintosh II,
> including a bizarre complaint about 'coprocessor not installed' (there is
> one).  We are trying to use Virtual 2.0 to get more memory but still crash
> when it is turned off.
>
> We would be interested to hear of any odd behaviors experienced by others.
> Are we alone?

> Dr. Warren J. Wiscombe
> a.k.a. wiscombe at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
> NASA Goddard, Code 913, Greenbelt, MD 20771
> (301) 286-8499

I found that Virtual is not compatible with Mma 2.0.  Don't turn it off;
get it off the disk.

[I was having the same problem on my Mac II with 8megs of memory
running Virtual under OS 6.0.7.  When I moved Virtual out of
the System folder and put it elsewhere, the problem stopped. --smc]

--

William M. MacDonald
Professor of Physics
Internet: mcdonald at quark.umd.edu