Mathematica Installation Woes

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mathematica Installation Woes
  • From: shiva at vega.stanford.edu (Marcos Javier Polanco)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 92 16:17:22 PDT

I finished installing Mathematica on my Nextstation last night, after getting
the  password from Wolfram Research.

I expected to get a prompt like IN[1] = like the Mathematica book shows.
Instead, when I click on Notebook, I get a blank page (Untitled-1) without
any prompt.

I tried clicking on different options but nothing gave me a prompt.

I believed Mathematica is installed properly: I can type Mathematica* from
the shell prompt and the Mathematica icon appears.  (Even though the
installation booklet says I should type "math" and Mathematica will execute.
But that didn't work.)

My apologies to Angel Deras, whose text I borrowed and problems I share.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

-Marcos J. Polanco
-shiva at vega.stanford.edu