Re: Macs, memory and mma

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Macs, memory and mma
  • From: fils at iastate.edu
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 92 12:49:15 CDT

in a letter by cro at perkin.caltech.edu (John Cromer)

>I'm running Mathematica on a Mac IIsi with 9Mb of RAM, and I'm new to both
>the Mac and Mathematica.  And, I'm confused about why it is so easy to
>crash Mma with a ContourPlot.  If I try to get smoother plots by increasing
>PlotPoints or if I plot more than 3, Mma exits and I get a message from the
>Mac saying the application exited with an error of type 1.  Sometimes it's
>type 3.

	What system are you running.  Given this is a IIsi I assume
7.0.  You will want to make sure that you run system updater version
1.1.1  (This is can be found at anonymous ftp site ftp.apple.com).
	We have a IIci and had memory problems.  I haven't noticed
any problems (or many complaints from others) since I ran this updater.
We run 7.0 updater version 1.1.1 on the IIci with Mma 2.0.

Hope this helps

Douglas Fils   fils at iastate.edu  | Ego vos hortor tantum possum ut amicitiam
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy   | omnibus rebus humanis anteponatis.
Iowa State University (ISU)      | Cicero,  On Friendship V.17