[no subject]

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • From: Cetin Cetinkaya <cetin at acm0.me.uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1992 00:26:36 -0600

Hello;

I have the following integral equation:

          + Infinity                         + Infinity
   p(s)= I  G(x) p( F(s,x) ) dx   with      I  p(y) dy = 1
        - infinity                         - Infinity

where G(x) and F(s,x) are the known functions.

I would like to know if there is standart way to do this problem. I
do not want "to invent the wheel again." I am, of course, interested
in some sort of analytical solution (or asymmtotic), but I will be thankfull
for numerical suggestions also.

C.Cetinkaya.