Partial Fraction Decomposition with imaginary coeff.

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Partial Fraction Decomposition with imaginary coeff.
  • From: "Jason C. Breckenridge" <jbrecken at uwovax.uwo.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 92 13:25:31 EST

Good day,

I am experiencing some difficulty getting Mathematica to factor
something like (x^2 + 1) into (x + I) (x - I).
I have studied the book, and cannot find anything subtle, let alone
obvious, which deals with this.

I would appreciate assistance.

Thank you.
Jason C. Breckenridge, Department of Physics, University of Western Ontario
Internet:jbrecken at hydra.uwo.ca
"Quick to judge, Quick to anger, Slow to understand" -- Rush