  • To: <MATHGROUP at yoda.physics.unc.edu>
  • Subject: LatticeReduce
  • From: shiv gupta <SGUPTA at wcu.bitnet>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1992 13:55:51 EST

 A friend of mine asked me the following question:

 I am constructing an integer lattice of rank d as the span of n integer
 vectors in R^d with  n > d . I want to use the LLL algorithm to reduce to
 a basis (of size d). Unfortunately, LatticeReduce in Mathematica seems to
 require n=d. I need to use LLL in order to find short vectors in the
 lattice. What should I do ?

 Can someone help ?

 Shiv Gupta
 West Chester University