Best Platform for Mma?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Best Platform for Mma?
  • From: eboltz at cndenext.mrs.jhu.edu (Eric S. Boltz)
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 92 08:34:56 EDT

Hi,
I've been using Mathematica 1.2 (2.x is too buggy still) on a NeXT
'040 cube with tons of RAM. Most of my computations have to do with
acoustic wave propagation in anisotropic solids and they take a LONG
time. In August I am heading west to NIST to continue my work and I'm
trying to decide on what platform I should ask for. Likely candidates
are Sun IPX and '486 boxes. I'd really like something as nice as the
NeXT's interface, but a bit faster 8-).

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Eric S. Boltz