automata package

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: automata package
  • From: Klaus Sutner <ksutner at risc.uni-linz.ac.at>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1992 19:39:57 +0100

Dear automata users, potential and factual:

I have not forgotten your requests for the latest version of the
automata package (see The Mathematica Journal, 2 (1992) 1, p.78--87).
In fact, I have done a major revision (version 1.2) of the whole
package and implemented quite a few changes. The new version

now seems to be reasonably stable.

I would prefer if everyone switched to the new version so I do not
have to worry about maintaining the previous ones. As a matter of
fact, I will probably not have time to do any repair work on
previous versions at all.

The code is posted on

	melmac.risc.uni-linz.ac.at
	140.78.140.60

in pub/automata and on

        sparc1.stevens-tech.edu
        192.12.216.131

in pub/sutner. You can get it from there by anonymous ftp.

If you find bugs in the new version, please let me know right away.
I will be teaching a course next semester that will be more or less
dependent on the software, so I really would like to find out about
possible problems beforehand.

Greetings,

Klaus Sutner

Klaus Sutner			ksutner at risc.uni-linz.ac.at

Kurt Goedel Institut		Fax: 43-(0)7236-323130

University Linz			Phone: 43-(0)7236-323182

A-4040 Linz, Austria