Re: ListPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup-adm at yoda.physics.unc.edu (Peter D. Lauren)
  • Subject: Re: ListPlot3D
  • From: fschwab at daffy.cv.nrao.edu (Fred Schwab)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 92 9:54:12 EDT

> [I am resending this note. I did not notice the single periods
> on some of the lines which truncated the message the first
> time.  --smc ]
>
> I have recently started using Mathematica, primarily because of my interest
> in the ListPlot3D facility.  My input  files are of the form:
>
> data := {45, 46, 35, .................}
> {.................}
> {..................};
>
> When I use a matrix of (say) 72*72 elements, the x-y axes are numbered from
> zero to 72.  (I guess that is the default.)
>
> My question is this.  Is there a way by which I can use a 72*72 matrix and
> have the axes numbered from 0 to 360?  I could achieve the desired effect by
> interpolating my data to a 360*360 matrix but this seems rather inefficient.
> The graph which I am plotting is supposed to represent values around two
> circles and I am sampling at 5 degree increments.
>
> I would be very grateful for any input.
>
> Peter Lauren.
>
> pdl2r at virginia.edu

Use the MeshRange option of ListPlot3D.  I.e., set
MeshRange->{{0,360},{0,360}}.

                                       - Fred Schwab (fschwab at nrao.edu)
                                         NRAO
                                         Charlottesville

P.S.
   I just recalled that MeshRange is new to Version 2.0 of Mathematica.
If you're running an earlier version (e.g., v. 1.2) you may not have
it available.
                                                     - Fred