Clipping ParametricPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Clipping ParametricPlot3D
  • From: wallraff at (Wolfgang Wallraff)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 92 19:11:28 GMT

Hi mathgroup

Does anyone know how to clip the ViewingBox of a ParametricPlot3D.
You can specify the range of the values for the z-coordinate by using PlotRange
-> {val,val}, but I did not find a way to specify a range for  the x an y
coordinates.  Finding a way to do this, would provide a solution to show cuts of
a ParametricPlot3D.
I would also be interested in viewing cuts of ParametricPlot3D, where I could
specify a plane which intersects the object and all the points above or below
the plane are left out. Perhaps anybody has written a package to deal with this

I would appreciate any hints or solutions,

Andreas Wallraff
Krefelder Str. 10
5100 Aachen
email: wallraff at