"FORTRAN" format followup

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: "FORTRAN" format followup
  • From: franz at (Franz G. Amador)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 16:46:27 -0700

[My earlier mail asks for help in getting Mathematica to print numbers
in FORTRAN-like "e" format when using FullForm.]

Okay, sorry, reading The Book more closely offers a solution:

NumberForm[ FullForm[ expr ], NumberFormat -> (SequenceForm[#1, "e", #3]&) ]

does what I want (see p 352).  Note that FortranForm[] does *not* work
for my purposes because it "unFullForm's" a FullForm expression
besides printing the numbers in Fortran form.

Franz Amador
franz at