  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Can MMa run on a NeXT with 8Mbyte?
  • From: sgs8r at kelvin.seas.virginia.edu (Steve Strickland, sgs8r at virginia.edu)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 92 18:55:56 EDT

Sorry for such a mundane question, but the Wolfram people say to ask the NeXT
people and vice-versa.

Symptoms: After starting up MMA (2.0 on a NeXTstation Turbo), and trying to
evaluate 1 + 1, it more or less hangs. I can edit the expression or add new
ones, but the kernal apparently cannot finish the evaluation. If I fire up a
terminal window and run MMa in line mode, it works fine.

Thanks for any assistance.