  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: metafiles
  • From: Jeff Stern <jstern at>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 92 16:10:26 -0700

I  have a question about how to make real (good, as opposed to cruddy)
metafiles from the postscript ones in mma.  I know that in IBM Windows
version there is the option to print to a metafile instead of to Postscript
or Bitmap, but unfortunately, the Metafile printout just comes out looking
like another Bitmap, not having preserved the smoothnes of the lines and
fill-spaces.  What do I do?  I'd like to import my graphs into Word for
Windows, but I don't have a Postscript printer to do this with directly.

Thanks for any help.
Jeff Stern.