Integrate question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Integrate question
  • From: Roque Donizete de Oliveira <oliveria at>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 92 15:10:02 -0400

I'm using Mma 1.2 on an apollo workstation.
How can I coerce mma to perform
           Integrate[ x^l Exp[-a x],{x,0,Infinity}]
where a is a real number > 0 and l=0,1,2,3,...

I'm also using the Declare.m package to declare the type
of some variables. This has helped for some other integrals
but not integrals like the one above involving x^l.

   oliveria at