Size of files loaded by MMa for Windows 2.1

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Size of files loaded by MMa for Windows 2.1
  • From: JESUS RIVERO <rivero at ciens.ula.ve>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 93 16:04:13-040

I have several packages and notebooks that can't be loaded by MMa for Windows
v. 2.1. For example, the package combinatorics developed by Skienna or the
recent "Lie Symmetries" package obtainable through MathsSource. However, both
packages ran smoothly on MMa for DOS v. 2.0. What's wrong with the Windows
Version ? Does it need a special adjustment or is a bug ?

Whenever I load one of these big packages,
Mathematica begins to load them, but then it never ends. So, the whole
program gets stuck, and doesn't accept any type of command, being then
forced to reset. It doesn't happen with normal packages, so I imagined
it has something to do with the size of notebooks or packages.
Jesus Rivero

\parindent0pt%
\vrule height1cm width0pt\ignorespaces}

\def\endtitle{\vskip1sp\egroup }

\def\author#1{%
\hbox to\textwidth{%
\hss%
\vbox{%
\let\cite\ at bylinecite\let\onlinecite\@bylinecite
\let\citenum\ at bylinecite
\vskip24pt\hsize=.7\hsize
\let\\=\ at centercr
\hyphenpenalty=10000
\spaceskip=.3333em \xspaceskip=.5em
\ at rightskip 0pt plus 1filll \rightskip \ at rightskip
\leftskip\rightskip \parindent \z@
#1\vskip1sp%
}%
\hss%
}%
}

\let\moreauthors=\author

\def\instit{%
\bgroup\small\it
\everypar{\hskip\parfillskip\ignorespaces}\def\\{\par}%
\let\cite\ at bylinecite\let\onlinecite\@bylinecite
\let\citenum\ at bylinecite \parindent0pt} %

\def\endinstit{\vskip1sp\egroup }

\def\receipt#1{\hbox to\textwidth{\small\hss(Received #1)\hss}}

\def\abstract{%
{\ifpreprintsty\else\textwidth20.5pc\fi\ at thanks}\gdef\@thanks{}%
\gdef\thefootnote{\arabic{footnote}}
\ifpreprintsty\vskip3pc\fi
\bgroup%
\vskip1sp%
\dimen0\textwidth\advance\dimen0by-5.56in\divide\dimen0by2%
\leftskip\dimen0\rightskip\leftskip%
\small\vrule width 0pt height .6cm%
\leavevmode\ignorespaces%
}

\def\endabstract{%
\par\egroup%
\ifpreprintsty\vskip2pc\fi
\vskip4pc\global\everypar={\global\pacsonfalse\global\everypar={}}%
\global\pacsontrue\nointerlineskip
}

\newif\ifdraft
\newif\ifpacson

\def\draft{\global\drafttrue}

\def\pacs#1{%
\vtop to0pt{%
\vskip-4pc\vskip.5\baselineskip\small
\dimen0\textwidth \advance\dimen0 by-5.56in \divide\dimen0 by2
\leftskip\dimen0 \rightskip\leftskip \noindent \ifdraft#1\fi
\par
\global\everypar={\global\pacsonfalse\global\everypar={}}%
\global\pacsontrue
\vss
}
\nointerlineskip\vskip1sp%
\ifpreprintsty%
{\vfill\hskip -.5in Typeset Using {\em REVTEX}\newpage}%
\fi%
\global\pacsontrue%
}

\let\ at newversionfigure\figure     \let\end at newversionfigure\endfigure
\def\figure#1{%
\begin{ at newversionfigure}
\caption{#1}
\end{ at newversionfigure}
}

\def\appendix{%
\global\appendixontrue
\setcounter{section}{0}
\setcounter{subsection}{0}
\setcounter{subsubsection}{0}
\def\thesection{\Alph{section}}
\def\thesubsection{\arabic{subsection}}
\def\thesubsubsection{\alph{subsubsection}}
\def\theequation at prefix{\thesection}
\ at addtoreset{equation}{section}
\let\appendix\section
\def\unletteredappendix{\section*}
\section
}

\def\unletteredappendix{%
\setcounter{section}{0}
\setcounter{subsection}{0}
\setcounter{subsubsection}{0}
\def\thesection{\Alph{section}}
\def\thesubsection{\arabic{subsection}}
\def\thesubsubsection{\alph{subsubsection}}
\def\theequation at prefix{\thesection}
\ at addtoreset{equation}{section}
\let\appendix\section
\def\unletteredappendix{\section*}