comparison of Maple and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: comparison of Maple and Mathematica
  • From: clee at shifter.wustl.edu (Christopher Lee)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 93 17:52:54 CDT

Hello, our lab is considering purchasing a math
package for our SGI's or SPARCS.  We are trying
to decide between Mathematica and Maple.  Most of
us have only used Mathematica.  However, Maple
would interface with this other very expensive
visualization software package,PV-WAVE, that we
are considering purchasing.  I'm looking for
advice on the comparitive advantages and
disadvantages of the two packages to guide our
decision from people who have looked at both.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Lee

Washington University
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology