Re: Non-linear optimization

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Non-linear optimization
  • From: schatz at chem.canterbury.ac.nz (Prof P Schatz)
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1993 12:04:53 +1200

>>Hi...  I'm looking for a non-linear optimization package...  Has anybody
>>written one  yet?  Please any help or pointers will be great...
>
>>Thanks very mmuch in advance
>
>>Ricardo Marimon
>>rmarimon at leland.stanford.edu
>

>Richardo, the "Guide to Standard Mathematica Packages, Version 2.1"
>describes a non-linear fitting package which is loaded with the command
>Statistics'NonlinearFit'.  I have used it with Windows and find it helpful
>but not entirely what I would like.  I also would like to know if other
>nonlinear fitting packages are available for Mathematica.
>
>Gregg Wells
>Department of Pathology
>University of Pennsylvania
>Philadelphia, PA  19104
>email:  pathology at a1.mscf.upenn.edu

        There is another program of the same name (NonlinearFit) written by
Pekka Janhunen and available from Math Source which has additional features
and appears to be superior to the one distributed in the Mathematica
packages.  It requires the same input but rearranged slightly.

Paul Schatz
University of Virginia
pns at virginia.edu
--