Re: using mma in a terminal: cursors doesn't work

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: using mma in a terminal: cursors doesn't work
  • From: nomura at zen.uta.edu (Seiichi Nomura)
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 93 14:11:53 CST

> Usually I work on my NextStation (NextStep 3.1) with the Mma Notebook.
> But sometimes I use mma also on the Unix Terminal of my Nextstation.
> On this terminal I use the "tcsh", which is much more convenient then
> the usual "csh". Inspecially I can use my cursor keys to insert or
> to change the characters in the current line, which I have already
> written (or change old inputs).
> Unfortuntely these is not possible in mma and this makes me sometimes
> really angry.

There is a program called "fep" (acronym for front end processor ?)
which lets you edit a line a la emacs within an application. You can
then invoke Mma with the command "fep math" to enable the line
editing.

If you cannot locate "fep" in your system, I will be glad to send you
the file via NeXT mail.

  Seiichi Nomura
  Mechanical Engineering Department  nomura at zen.uta.edu
  University of Texas at Arlington
  Arlington, Texas 76019-0023        +1-817-273-2012 (auto voice/fax/msg)