Creating EPSF files from a Mac NB file

  • Subject: Creating EPSF files from a Mac NB file
  • From: MCCOLLUM DAVID SCOTT <mccollum at spot.colorado.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 22:43:22 -0700 (MST)

I am trying to get Cameron Smith's "csnb2tex" program to work on a
Macintosh. (For those who may not know what the program does, it converts
a Mma notebook file into a LaTeX source file and into postscript files,
one each for each graphics cell in the Mma NB file)

Right now, the program just dumps the "Mathematica-form" postscript
directly from the graphics cell into a file.  Of course, the "prolog"
information that contains Mathematica's postscript macros is absent (since
it is not part of the graphics cell); the correct epsf header and file

Does anyone have any experience doing this or know how to concatenate the
right information to the graphics cell info in order to obtain a valid
epsf file?

In other words, I would like to be able to (in a "batch" mode) take the
postscript commands from the graphics cells in a Mma NB file and generate
valid epsf files corresponding to each graphics cell.

This would be the same as manually "copying" a graphics cell to the
clipboard, then "converting the clipboard" into an epsf file.

The output would be used along with the LaTeX source to generate documents
using Textures.  I have Mathematica 2.2, Mac Enhanced, LaserWriter 8.1.1,
and a ps printer.

I will gladly pass along a completed solution to whomever wants one as
soon as I get this to work.

This idea is based upon Cameron Smith's article in Vol.3 Iss. 3 of the
Mathematica Journal (just a port to the Mac using Textures).

Thanks,
Dave McCollum
mccollum at spot.colorado.edu