curve-fitting

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: curve-fitting
  • From: 4_DKEFFORD at fair1.fairfield.edu
  • Date: 26 Feb 1993 10:17:08 -0500 (EST)

TWIMC,

I am a Physics student at Fairfield University working on a project now that
requires a curve fit with the following form:

I = -I1*Exp[-t/T1] + I2*Exp[-t/T2]

I was told by Wolfram Research that maybe you could answer questions regarding
Mathematica; is there a way to do a fit using Mathematica via some regressional
method? I know I could choose four points and then substitute them into the
above equation to get four equations with the four parameters I1, I2, T1, T2,
but it's really messy.

I would appreciate any response or input.

Dan Kefford
Physics Department
Fairfield University

4_dkefford at fair1.fairfield.edu