  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Mma->Shell->Mma
  • From: "Charles W. Fletcher" <cwf at>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 93 14:21:07 EST

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done anything
similar to the following:

> Using Mathematica to generate some data or information which is
  then saved to a temporary (system) file.

> Then use Mma to start a program or script that uses this file to
  form a piece of executable code. Then compile and run this code.

> The executed code dumps some results to (another) tmp file which
  is read by Mma.

> This new data is used by Mma for some additional calculation.

I believe all this is (in theory) possible with Mma, but would like to
hear about examples and sucesses.

cwf at
charlie at (NeXTmail accepted here)