interpolation of unevenly sampled points

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: interpolation of unevenly sampled points
  • From: Ivan Vesely <vesely at next.heart.rri.uwo.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 93 15:05:36 EST

Hi,

I can't seem to get anything from MathSource, so I'll try this group.

All I need is a way to resample a set of  numbers at specific
intervals.  Each x has a corresponding y, but the x's are not evenly
spaced.  I'd like to space them evenly (so I can plot a surface using
Mathematica), using some simple interpolation algorithm.  I'd write a
routine myself, but the problems sounds so common I thought someone
may already have written it.  However, nothing this simple appears to
exist on the Mathematica archive server.

Does anyone outhere have a "package" that will do this?
---
Ivan Vesely, Electrical Engineering and Medical Biophysics
University of Western Ontario,     vesely at next.heart.rri.uwo.ca