question about ColorFunction

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: question about ColorFunction
  • From: Ed_Donley <HEDONLEY at grove.iup.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1993 00:36 EST

I have a two dimensional table all of whose elements are 0, 1, 2, or 3.  I am
trying to create a ListDensityPlot with a different color assigned to each of
these four values.  The following does not display four colors as I had
expected.  Does anyone know where I went wrong?

In[1]:= colormap[f_] := Switch[Floor[f],
				0,RGBColor[.25,1,.25],
				1,RGBColor[1,0,1],
				2,RGBColor[0,1,1],
				3,RGBColor[0,0,1]]

In[2]:= table = Table[Mod[x+y,4],{x,0,10},{y,0,10}];

In[3]:= ListDensityPlot[table, Mesh -> False,
				ColorFunction -> (colormap[#]&)];

Thank you,

H. Edward Donley
Mathematics Department