  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: EllipticTheta[3,real,Exp[I real] ]
  • From: Michael.Trott at physik.tu-ilmenau.de
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1993 08:30:59 +0000

 Hi MathGroup,

 I have a problem with EllipticTheta[3,...].
 For Propagators in quantum mechanics one needs
 EllipticTheta[3,position,Exp[I time]]
 where position is a real variable and time also.
 But the Theta-function  with an third argument of
 absolute value unity are not evaluated to a number.
 Can I force Mma to give a number as a result??

 I am something missing concerning convergence?

 Thanks for help,

 Michael Trott

 trott at physik.tu-ilmenau.de