computer systems

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: computer systems
  • From: kijewski%bwnmr4 at harvard.harvard.edu (Marie Foley Kijewski)
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 93 15:09:40 EDT

I am about to purchase a system on which I will be running Mathematica
to solve large, ill-conditioned matrices using arbitrary precision.
Does anyone have any advice about what to buy?  We are considering
an IBM RISC 6000 or Sun Sparc 10 or DEC Alpha station; I understand
that Mma is not yet running on the latter two systems.

Thanks,

Marie Foley Kijewski
Dept. of Radiology
Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital
Boston, MA