Re: trig functions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Re: trig functions
  • From: bappadit at (Banerjee Bappaditya)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1993 13:12:26 -0500 (EST)

I had recently posted an enquiry about reducing expressions to modulo 2*Pi
i.e. find the angles in the appropriate quadrants.
I got some very useful tips from Jerry B. Keiper (keiper at and
Daniel Lichtblau (danl at  I am posting their solutions here.

For an arbitrary theta,

Arg[Cos[theta] + I*Sin[theta]]

will do the needful.

I thank Jerry and Dan'l for their time and interest.

Bappaditya Banerjee
bappadit at
Ray W. Herrick Laboratories
Purdue University