BNF form for MMA?

  • Subject: BNF form for MMA?
  • From: David Harrison <harrison at faraday.physics.utoronto.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 12:34:24 -0400

I am seeking a Backus-Naur Form or similar formal specification of
Mathematica.  Any help would be appreciated.

In case you are interested, the reason for this is that we are requiring
our undergraduates to do a fair amount of programming in MMA.  I know
of a "cheater meter" program that identifies programs that appear to
have been copied from each other; it knows BNF plus some specific languages,
and I would like to use the tool.  Not that I expect any of *my* students
to register on the cheater meter scale, or course, but ...
--
David Harrison                             | "God doesn't play dice with the
Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Toronto         |   Universe!"  -- Einstein