Animations

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Animations
  • From: martin at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 93 14:08:41 +0200

Dear mathgroup,

I face some problems controlling animations/plotting in Mathematica.
What I want to have is animation/plotting of a sequence which is
building continuously during the ongoing computation.
This will be used to trace the development of a system described by
differential equations through time (i.e. for our student exercices
in neural network behaviour).
ONLY THE LAST PLOT of the sequence should be visible at one time
step. It is possible to have continued plotting going on inside a
cell (i.e. the new cells are hidden), but then it always shows the
first plot to the outside. Reversing the order of the creation of
output cells would help to solve the problem, but I can't find that
option any more (I think it was available once). I am currently
working with Mma 2.1 on a NeXT.

Any hints to 'how to controll grouping of cells in plotting sequences
in notebooks from inside mathematica programs' (hopefully in a
generic way, not restricted to Mac, NeXT or Windows) are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Martin Lades
martin at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de