[no subject]

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • From: deb at alexandria.lcs.mit.edu (David E. Burmaster)
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 13:53:51 -0500

SubjectL sort pairs

How can I sort pairs of values -- basing the sort on the first value
and then break ties on the second value in the pair.

Let's say I have n pairs on numbers in the following matrix

data = { {x1,y1}, .....{xi, yi}, .....{xn,yn} }

Using the Sort function in Mma, I can easily sort on the xi values, but
how can I do the secondary sort on the yi values??

Thank you for your help

Dave
David E. Burmaster
Alceon Corporation