Double axes in LogPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Double axes in LogPlot?
  • From: Benno Puetz <puetz at lisboa.ks.uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 93 15:42:28 -0500

I hope someone can help me with this problem (v2.1 on NeXT):

I would like to have a framed LogPlot (Graphics`Graphics`) with two
different Ticks on the upper and lower x-axis (two different unit
scales).

First, it seems that LogPlot does not accept FrameTicks lists with
more than two arguments. It just refuses to put any ticks in that
case.

So I tried using the regular Plot[] command, including the logarithm
in the function to be plotted. Now I can use different Ticks along
the x-axis but I cannot show labels for the second scale (the labels
associated with my ticks are simply not shown).

Does Mathematica not support double axes?

Any help will be appreciated

	Benno

Benno Puetz                          E-mail: puetz at lisboa.ks.uiuc.edu
Univ. of Illinois

405 N. Mathews Ave.                  Tel.  : (217) 244-1612
Urbana, IL 61801                     Fax   : (217) 244-8371