Re: interrupting

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: interrupting
  • From: fred at mi.el.utwente.nl (Fred Hugen - UT)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 93 09:50:18 +0100

> From mathgroup-adm at yoda.physics.unc.edu Thu Oct 21 04:01:23 1993
> Date: 14 Oct 1993 18:37:01 -0500 (CDT)
> From: sturmann at juggler.phy.vanderbilt.edu (Laszlo Sturmann)
> Subject: interrupting
> To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
>
> Dears,
>

> Could anybody give me a hint why I can not interrupt the Mathematica 2.2 (i486 PC & Windows 3.1) during a lengthy computation. I've already tried Alt +, and the "hand" in the menu bar without any success. Pushing Alt+ or the mouse button for a while the computer just beep-s but nothing else happens.
> The only way I can escape is CTRL - ALT - DEL, but this is not the best way
> I guess.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Laszlo Sturmann
> Vanderbilt University
>
> Sturmann at juggler.phy.vanderbilt.edu   or
> Sturmann at phyv01.phy.vanderbilt.edu

I've read the answer of Simon Benninga from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
He states that in version 2.2.1, interrupting with Alt+ should work. My
experience with version 2.2.1. for MSDOS is that interrupting still doesn't
work in SOME cases. An updated version might help you, but is not guarantueed.
I think that the problem is intrinsic to MSDOS/WINDOWS 3.1 and not to
 Mathematica.....

						with greetings
								Fred Hugen