Polar coordinates

Dear Netters;

A friend of mine has asked me to post the following question:

I have a set of numerical values of the function f(r,theta) in
polar coordinates. These data points are not regularly sampled,
that is, the points (r,theta) are almost ramdomly distributed.
However, we like to use the polar coordinates for a reason.
Now, the question is, how can we plot the surface defined
by f(r, theta)? Is there a special way to use ListPlot3D for
this purpose? Please note we do not want any interpolation for
the data points.

Similarly, how can one make a density plot for such data points
given above (not equally spaced)?

Thanks,

Cetin