ftp and yoda

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: ftp and yoda
  • From: Steven M. Christensen <stevec at yoda.physics.unc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 13:32:09 EDT

MathGroup:

Sometime in May I will be upgrading the yoda machine
that handles MathGroup to a higher level of SunOS
operating system.  At the same time I will be eliminating
the anonymous ftp service.  This is no longer needed
since MathSource at WRI is the prime resource for
Mathematica software and also I will need the disk space
for other things.

For a few days, it is likely that MathGroup will be down.
Later in the summer, I plan to move the machine out of
the physics department to another site where network
access will be faster and where the machine can be
administered without a burden on the physics machine
administrators who are already overwhelmed with machines
to deal with.

After the move, I hope to add Wais, WWW and other services
to the MathGroup machine so that it will be easier to get
to past mail via searches.

I will announce changes to MathGroup just before they happen.

Steve Christensen