SPARC 20 Performance

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg343] SPARC 20 Performance
  • From: steveh at dingo.vut.edu.au (Steve Hunt)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 94 12:55:08 EST

I need to collate some stats on SPARC 20 Mathematica performance.

While any information is of some interest, particulary I need to fill in the
performance-resource table below for a 4 processor SPARC 20 used in a teaching
X laboratory.  #Interactive represents the number of interactive Mathematica
sessions that can be opened, with reasonable performance in a teaching
evironment.  #Batch represents the number of batch jobs which can be run
with reasonable performance in a teaching environment.

Formulas welcome.

#Interactive	#Batch 		RAM	Swap	Other

I will summarise results and post them is a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Steve