How to make "wire frame" plots of Graphics3D objects?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: How to make "wire frame" plots of Graphics3D objects?
  • From: DSCHNEID at KNOX.BITNET
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 1994 14:36 CST

Len Schwer asks:

>I am using ParametricPlot3D to create surface plots. I would like
>to view these surfaces as "wire frame" (chicken wire :-) plots.
>With Plot there is the HiddenSurface->False option, but I have
>not found a similar option for SurfaceGraphics.

>Is there another method for making SurfaceGraphics transparent?

HiddenSurface is an option for Plot3D, which produces a SurfaceGraphics
object.  I assume you want the option for Graphics3D objects.

All that needs to be done is replace Polygon by Line

ParametricPlot3D[r Cos[t],r Sin[t],r},{r,0,1},{t,0,2Pi}]
Show[% /. Polygon[z_] :> Line[Join[z,{First[z]}]]]

Dennis M. Schneider
Knox College
Galesburg, IL  61401
(309) 343-0112  Ext 420