  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: errors using the PDF function in a module
  • From: Ian R Heddle <irh at melba.bby.com.au>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 1994 09:52:11 +1100

Dear Mathgroup,
I have been attempting to utilize the statistics distribution
functions within a module without much success. The code that I have
been using is

	npdf[x_] := PDF[NormalDistribution[0,1],x]

(from David Deutsch's viewing distributions article)

The code works fine when you use it directly into mathmatica, but
returns errors when it is embedded in a module. The error returned is
'compiled code is not a real number ...'

Any suggestions as to how to overcome this error would be greatly
appreciated

Regards

Ian Heddle